What is better than a healthy and hearty brunch on a cold Saturday morning? Today, November 16th, in Culinary Corner we made simple 4 ingredient pancakes, a super yummy fruit salad, and bacon (who doesn’t love a little bacon, right?). The participants each made their own pancake batter and helped cut up the fruit. What a great Saturday morning!
4 Ingredient Pancakes
▪ 1 egg▪ 6 oz of your favorite Greek yogurt
▪ scant (just a little under) ½ cup flour
▪ 1 tsp baking soda
1. Open the yogurt container and stir the yogurt until it’s smooth and creamy. Crack an egg over the yogurt and stir to combine. The resulting mixture should be pale yellow in color and have a few lumps here and there.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda.
3. Pour yogurt/egg mixture into the bowl with the flour and baking soda. Stir to combine. The batter will
be extremely thick.
4. Spoon the batter onto a sprayed griddle or pan heated to medium-high. I usually make four big pancakes, but you could also make 8 smaller ones.
5. Flip the pancakes when they start to bubble a bit on the surface. Cook until golden brown on both sides and serve!
- 2 tablespoons dry instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 pound of strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 1/2 pineapple, cubed
- 1 bunch grapes
Sprinkle pudding powder over fruit and stir. Serve immediately or let sit overnight.
- Place a layer of aluminum foil on a baking sheet. Place a cooling rack on top of the baking sheet. This will ensure even cooking of the bacon and allow the fat to drip off the bacon.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 15-20 minutes.